The power of gemstones is known to the world. In fact, astrological gemstones have been worn globally for hundreds of years, and for Indians, it is almost a way of life, even today. However, the interest in birthstones is quite modern, while the idea is anything but. In the west, the idea of birthstones has been there from biblical times. In India, it has also had a presence since ancient times. The popularity seen on both sides of the globe is something new and expected since people are more aware of the importance and positive effects of gemstones.
The general consensus seems to be that you can wear any astrological gemstones or birthstones without consulting an expert. Truth be told, you can. There is a lot of information out on the internet to educate people about gemstones; especially their birthstones. Of course, they help, but there is a reason why many people choose to consult an expert first.
Why do you NEED professional advice before wearing a birthstone?
- You need to choose the right astrological gemstones for YOU. Yes, birthstones do have properties that can help the people born in those specific months more than anybody else, but, still, there is a chance of them not being an exact fit for you.
- An expert can tell you that birthstones, like other astrological gemstones, should be worn according to your LAGNA or luck house to be optimally beneficial. Also, there are ways to increase the efficiency of such birthstones, and only experts can tell you about these ways.
- There is a proper way, time, day, to wear a birthstone. Not only that, but different metals suit different birthstones, and the only way to know the best combination is to consult the experts.
- Then there is a case of the fake gemstones. If you choose not to consult an expert, you might get fooled by a fake birthstone. There is a way around this. You can simply buy certified gemstone online or from a gemstone shop of repute like Brahma Gems.
But, what happens if you wear the wrong birthstone? It is widely accepted that wearing the wrong birthstone can bring bad luck, poor health, and financial troubles to a person.
Should you be afraid to choose to wear a birthstone then? Absolutely not. If you're wondering how to choose your birthstone and what factors to consider, we are here to help.
Expert checklist of things to consider before buying a birthstone
- Wear a birthstone or astrological gemstones only in the bright lunar phase or Shukla paksha to reap the benefits of it to the fullest.
- The power of the gemstones will be magnified if you choose to wear it 1 to 2 hours after sunrise. Any later than that and the appropriate time will have passed, dimming the effect, even if only for a little bit.
- The weight of the astrological gemstone you buy from a credible gemstone shop like Brahma Gems is an essential factor to consider when you buy a birthstone. There is an easy way to calculate the optimum gemstone weight you require. Divide your body weight by 12, and you get the measurement of the minimum weight your gemstone should be in "rati," the metric system for gemstones.
- Be cautious about wearing a birthstone without reason or for fashion purposes. Yes, they're pretty, and some birthstones can be worn without ill effects even if you are facing no problems in your life. But some birthstones can only be worn if there is a persistent problem in your life which needs solving.
- The ring or chain or the jewelry on which you decide to place the birthstone should allow it to touch your skin. That is why the most preferred jewelry for birthstones is rings. They shouldn't be too tight or too loose, and shouldn't be taken out unnecessarily.
- Consult an astrologer, gemologist, or expert before buying or wearing the gem. As mentioned above, some astrological gemstones can harm people, while some are unsuitable, despite being their birthstone. So, to err on the side of caution, consult an expert.
- Your gemologist or an astrologer will tell you about the significance of wearing a birthstone on the right day. But to get an idea, you should know that the appropriate day to wear astrological gemstones is decided by the color of the gemstone.
-White: Monday, Friday
-Red, Orange: Tuesday, Sunday
-Colorless, Transparent, Pink, Multi-Colour: Friday
-Blue, Black, Brown, Grey, Violet, Indigo, Purple: Saturday
- Check an astrological gemstone for suitability by keeping it with you at all times and putting it under your pillow while sleeping. If it makes you uncomfortable or you are haunted by nightmares, do not wear the gemstone even if it is your birthstone. If it shows stress relieving, anxiety-relieving properties, it is a perfect fit for you.
- Be aware that you cannot expect magic from your birthstone. Improvement yes, magic no. They are there to help you, guide you, and provide you with the essential inner strength to overcome any tough situation. They will, however, not change your life completely, in a day or month or even a year.
A note to remember
So, what is the significance of birthstones? You see when you wear your birthstone, and it actually suits you, you will feel a connection with your inner self; you will feel relaxed, and it will heal you from within. Also, your mental health, physical health, and emotional health will slowly improve with persistence and confidence. To achieve all that and more, you should study the stone and consult an expert gemologist from a respected natural gemstone store in Delhi or anywhere in India like Brahma Gems. Also, don't forget to have a discussion with a trusted astrologer before making a commitment to the same.