Origin- Being one of the most sought-after origins, Australian opal represents a premium in the price range of Rs 700 to Rs 5,000 per carat ($9 to $71). On the other hand, Ethiopian, being of somewhat cheaper quality ranges from Rs 500 to 2,000 per carat ($7 to $28). And, Mexican opal too cost fine as it's a shiny and different orange color.
Color- The most costly opal is probably judges by its color. A bright stone in pure deep color forever holds special value. Whereas, the dark-colored opal stones even with a certain design and colorful displays may produce only an average price.
Treatment- Opal can be treated by impregnation of oil, wax or plastic. Opal’s are also dyed but they are less valuable astrologically. Always go for original gemstone certificates from Government labs where the treatment of the specific gemstone is clearly mentioned in the comments box.
Clarity– The cost of genuine opal usually decreases due to the appearance of a white or cloudy background. The cost of crystal opal increases with the rise in the level of transparency. For opaque gems, like white opal and dark black opal, the presence of eye visible inclusions, pits or blemishes reduces the price drastically.
Shape – Precious opal is usually formed into round, oval or pear shape. Opal price rises for specific cuts like marquis, heart and rectangular due to the carat wastage included in the process.
Treatment – The Market is flooded with cheap sugar-smoke treated and fracture filled opals. Hence, it is necessary to buy gemstones from a trusted dealer or online store at the best prices.
Why 90% of people aren’t getting results from Opal
Is it really Opal?
The market is flooded with fake gemstones. There are dealers out there who sell fake gemstones at their original price. So, the chances are, that the opal you're currently wearing might be not the real one. A phony opal won't work, no matter what you do.
Is it Heated?
There are stones that are original opal, however, they are heated. Heating is basically done to improve the color or clarity of the gemstones for that matter. In the certificate, it is clearly mentioned that if the stone is heated, then you won't get the desired result.
Is it Treated?
Most people are unaware that opals are heated to "enhance" their color and clarity. These processes may increase the stone’s beauty, but not its value. And wearing these treated stones won't provide any astrological benefits.
Why Brahma Gems?
Brahma Gems is an authorized gemstone dealer famous for dealing in 100% Lab Tested and Government Certified Gemstones.
- Brahma Gems is managed by GII certified professional gemstone experts.
- Brahma Gems buys directly from mines/ manufacturers, so end user/ customer get the best price.
- Brahma Gems have the widest range of govt. lab certified natural / Jyotish gemstones in all sizes carat shapes quality and price.
- Each stone is Lab Tested for Authenticity/Purity & Verified for Astrological benefits.
- Free govt. lab report with each and every gemstone.
- Free pan India delivery.
- Free making on silver and Panchdhatu
- Free recommendation on gemstone by famous astrologer
- Free checking of your old stone by a gemologist.
- 100% Energized & Activated Gemstones for best results in Astrology.
- Customer Gets Certificate of Authenticity for every stone.
- Free Gem Consultation by Experts, Procedure to wear.