This gemstone is not a conventional birthstone. Rather it is associated with Taurus, Cancer, Leo, and Virgo. Carnelian is said to attract wealth, new resources, and sheer good luck.
Vedic astrology prescribes Raat Ratua for Taurus (Vrishabha), Cancer (Karkata), Leo (Singh), and Virgo (Kanya) Rashi.
How to Wear Carnelian stone?
- Weight- Minimum 1/10th of your body weight. For instance, if you weigh 70 kilos, you can wear a 7 carat camerlian stone.
- Color- Red, or Deep Orange.
- Metal- Gold should be avoided. Best metal to wear Carnelian is Copper, Panchadhatu, or Silver.
- Finger- Ring finger of your active hand. (Left hand for left-handed people, right hand for right-handed people)
- Date & Time- Tuesday, during sunrise.
- Mantra- “Om Kraam Kreem Kraum Sah Bhaumaaye Namah” (108 times).
On the appropriate day and time, take the ring, or pendant engraved with Carnelian and place it in a cleansed, empty bowl.
In the bowl, add Panchadravyas i.e. the five sacred elements orderwise, starting with Ganga Jal (Holy Water), Tulsi Leaves (Basil), Milk, Honey, and Ghee (Butter). Gel them together with your finger.
Keep the bowl in front of you and recite the aforementioned mantra 108 times and visualize Lord Mangal (Mars). Seek strength, endurance, and prosperity from him.
Take the ring out the bowl, dip it in another bowl containing clean water and soak it with cotton and then, wear it.