Coral jewels are always splendid and never go out of fashion. The beauty of these jewels, however, often makes them subject to falsification. How to recognize, therefore, a jewel in natural coral from a fake? Read on to find out our tips before going to buy Red Coral stone or contact us in case of doubt: we'll get back to you in no time!
Natural red coral often found in old pieces of jewelry, is in full modern renaissance as both jewelers and customers are enjoying its natural beauty and new lustre. Unfortunately, what is sold as red coral is often an imitation of the real thing using plastic, glass, bone and dyed shells. Red coral is rarely found in reefs, but the calcified remains of a marine animal that form branchlike structures in colonies.
- Examine the piece of Japanese red coral at high magnification. Real red coral has a distinctive visible texture, similar to wood grain, which you can see through a magnifying glass. The most common imitators, such as hard plastic, glass or even bones and shells, do not have this texture.
- Put the coral in a glass of milk. Real red coral will cause the milk to take on a hint of red or pink. Neither plastic alternatives nor glass will cause this change. Dyed bones or shell can discolor milk. If the milk color does not change, you do not have authentic coral. If she does, you might have authentic coral.
- Look for bubbles or molding lines. Glass facsimiles often have tiny bubbles embedded in the mass, while you can see tiny lines of mold in some of the plastic imitations. Real red coral never has bubbles.
- Put the piece in a bowl of highly diluted vinegar. Real red coral will make bubbles in the form of calcium carbonate in it in the presence of acidic environment of vinegar. Again, however, the best imitations in dyed or shell bone will do the same thing. If the piece does not create bubbles, it is not real coral.
- Look at the combination of tests. Although each test does not exclude all imitators, a piece that passes all tests is very likely to be true red coral.
- Another test is to place one or two drops of nitric acid or lemon juice in an inconspicuous place, like the palm of a certain piece of jewelry. If the coral is real, the spot will make effervescence and form small bubbles on its surface. Also, in the Authentic Coral it is found that it has a uniform color, has a deep natural color, but not a too phosphorescent or too opaque color therefore counterfeiters find it more tedious to imitate it in such a way that it makes it easier to identify its authenticity. Also, inspect the texture of the holes and dents; it should feel soft.
- Rubbing Tests: Check the sound produced by touching or rubbing the gem with nails. If the sound of a glass rubbing comes out, the red coral is fake because the fake things are made of glass only.
- Turmeric test: Rub raw turmeric on red coral gems. If there is a red mark in the color of turmeric or the change occurs, the coral is fake. If Coral is real, then turmeric color will not change.
There are many benefits of buying RED CORAL stone online India
You can buy real coral diamonds price online from Brahma Gems. They have collection of various astrological gems at their website.
- Those people, which are involved in metals, arms, agricultural products, and related services, chemicals, IT security, cybercrime, surgery, dental business, will benefit from the red coral dress.
- Those people who have problems of blood, breast, stomach, mouth and bone cancer, neurological problems, difficulty in breathing, low hemoglobin, kidney related problems, hernia, paralysis, piles, painful distribution or any operation or surgery or are troubled by other physical problemsare advised to wear red coral.
- It helps increase physical strength and strengthen bones. It is beneficial to snake or scorpion bite. It is useful in reducing laziness because it fills the wearer with strength and vitality. The red coral gives the wearer the strength to face fearlessness, courage and perseverance, difficulties and enemies, and most of all, it is beneficial to reduce the effect of Mars defect.